As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
goofypriest wrote:

i've had a tough time getting rid of the pop.

twice i had a pop at the end of a sample, no matter what. even after changing to a new sample.
was going crazy about it.
restarted the ot and the pop was gone.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Some clever way of marking a sample that is in use by any project would be super usefull for future sample library housekeeping tasks!
Cappy
sample purge will help with housekeeping. but your right a way of indicating which samples are already being used would be helpful.
Killer Beez
Track patter trigging seems a little weak to me. Some suggestions are:
-light an LED to indicate that the track is playing
-function+trig key to stop the track from playing

-track selection allows further manipulation, ie:
-Monome "MLR" functionality to trigger the sequence in 16'ths, inner looping, realtime sequence direction change etc. Jam stuff!! There is definately some potential here!
Chain Chomp
gurulogic wrote:

-function+trig key to stop the track from playing

pressing track + stop stops the track.
a function like so many others that are still undocumented (except on this forum )
Cappy
It would be awesome if the crossfader had a triggerable mode, acting like the hold function from the LFO. The value's would be held until the next step when it would update. this could either be done at the individual track level (as in paramaters for that track would respond only when the track had a trigger) or based on the master track trigs, or possibly a seperate menu accessed by the edit>track page where the slide track is.
Chain Chomp
darenager wrote:
^Already has preview, press function and yes or cue button on sample select.

nice.
Cappy
if this hasn't been mentioned...

in the browser, when loading new samples into a slot, it can get confusing. sometimes i replace a sample that is being used by a track. there ought to be some indication that a sample is in use and by which track.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
poonti wrote:
prscrptn wrote:
poonti wrote:
prscrptn wrote:
I would like to see real time recording of p-locks, a-la Machine Drum style...
really? do u mean this is not the case right now? surprised...

It could be my ignorance, but it seems like the way you p-lock is to hold the step and set your locks for tat step. What I would like is to hit play+record and have the machine remember all of my moves...

Wow, this could be the OT-killing omission for me, as I use real-time p-locking on both MnM and MD all the time, far more than step-wise p-locking. Hopefully this (what I consider a stadard elektron feature) will make it into the OT soon.

Just read up on this. I think real-time p-locking has been sort of replaced by scenes and the cross-fader? Well, maybe not replaced, but very similar functionality in terms of real-time changes. Actually, it's more powerful since you can move an entire set of parameters from one set of values to another....maybe this is why not many of you have yet complained about lack of real-time p-locks? Anyway, no longer an OT-killing omission for me
Killer Beez
mp3 support?

if I can buy a little black box for 49.99 that can decode almost any format known to [hu] man and display it on my TV/speakers without a hiccup, I would assume the Octatrack should be able to decode most major audio formats..

p.s. is it almost time to sticky this thread?
Go to top Post Reply