As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Boo
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 2 Months ago
I asked for a Granular Machine (at some point beyond 1.0) if the OT has the power
  The topic has been locked.
KryoShift wrote:
I asked for a Granular Machine (at some point beyond 1.0) if the OT has the power

Kind of does it already using Flex with very close start and end points. However I agree that a dedicated machine would be great. The controls of the Granular Machine could be Start, Length, Sweep Amount, and Sweep Rate.
King Koopa
-The ability to slice a sample, then edit each sample slice individually having full control over pitch and timestretch of each slice-independent of the master tempo. At this point the user would be able to trigger each slice from an external midi controller. Now THAT would be dope!
Goomba
Side-chain on the compressor!
Game & Watch
Slack Babbath wrote:

Ah good call, side chain on anything.
Cappy
Slack Babbath wrote:

really want this, or if not the ability to use the cue out as seperate assignable outs, (am I right in thinking thats not the case right now?)
Game & Watch
babyjaws wrote:
Slack Babbath wrote:

really want this, or if not the ability to use the cue out as seperate assignable outs, (am I right in thinking thats not the case right now?)

You could approx side chain compression by having the standard compressor have an lfo or p-lock affect its ratio and or threshold. E.g. on your on beats for a side chain kick drum effect.
Cappy
ipassenger wrote:
babyjaws wrote:
Slack Babbath wrote:

You could approx side chain compression by having the standard compressor have an lfo or p-lock affect its ratio and or threshold. E.g. on your on beats for a side chain kick drum effect.

nice thinking! have you tried this yet? thought about the lfo, thats the way to do it on an esx1, but dont always want the ducking to be 4/4, so the p-lock way seems cool! excellent tip
but, not sure how you would adjust the release tail and attack etc, guess it would be for the whole step or? havent got my octatrack yet still waiting hence the confusion..they said 2 days 3 days ago for the manual sigh....when is it gonna arrive.........
Game & Watch
Not done it on the OT yet but done it on the MD.

With the OT you could use one of the LFOs in one of the one shot modes (makes an envelope effectively) routed to ratio and/or threshold depending on how you had it set up. Then just put the triggers on the step you want side chaining.. though that would mean triggering the sound as well.

If you use p-locks you could slide between values to smooth out any sudden changes.
Goomba
With a granular machine that has grain size and smooth amount I would really consider getting an OT, nice to see a lot of other people are interested in this, perhaps we can persuade elektron!
Go to top Post Reply