As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 10 Years, 10 Months ago
fakeafaik wrote:
i would love for polyphony to be recorded in midi mode, when using the OT chromatic input to sequence hardware.

i know the OT sequencer can record more than 1 note when a midi keyboard is plugged in, but sadly i have to use the midi in for clock purposes.

Buy any MIDI merge box. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDImerge2?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CNOAq-XUqrcCFYc7MgodjhMACg
  The topic has been locked.
I guess this has been suggested before (?):

Different tempo for patterns (or at least banks). This would make it a lot easier to work with a whole performance in one project, so you don't have to remember the tempos of the different songs and enter them during your performance.

Furthermore, it would make it a lot easier to merge projects with different tempos without everything getting time streched.
Chain Chomp
de Haan wrote:
I guess this has been suggested before (?):

Different tempo for patterns (or at least banks). This would make it a lot easier to work with a whole performance in one project, so you don't have to remember the tempos of the different songs and enter them during your performance.

Furthermore, it would make it a lot easier to merge projects with different tempos without everything getting time streched.

I'd love tempo per pattern. Isn't that how some other Elektron boxes work?

It'd be cool because you'd get even more range out of the tempo multipliers and dividers. It'd also make it easy to do super detailed high res sequencing for small sections that might need it rather than having the whole song that way. ....although there is always resampling.
King Koopa
after some time away from the OT and returning to it this weekend, I think a common link between some of my frustrations with the machine became clear: we're given a lot of room to stretch out in multiple directions, but it is relatively difficult to do so in an improvisational way, which the machine seems otherwise designed for.

most obviously, there are oodles of patterns, but no way to generate variations in a straightforward manner without clumsy workarounds, or unmusical silences as you switch and then quickly paste.

similarly, there's lots of sample memory, but no good method to really make use of it all in a way that fully integrates with the critical slice chain ability (i.e. by appending to an existing buffer recording).

but the one that really stood out to me this time around was the interaction between parts and scenes. scenes are obviously one of the most powerful features, but it's a pain to simply tweak a part and create new scenes at the same time, since you will lose any new scenes when you reload the part.

I know all the workarounds, best practices, etc...it just seems these are the sorts of things the software should actively encourage you to do, given the expansive hardware specs.

so, banging an old drum perhaps, but in sum:

-copy/paste pattern before switching to a new pattern
-append to recorder buffers
-independently save/reload parts and scenes. also, something like "scene record mode" that would allow you to create a scene without using one hand to hold down the button.

I'll shutup in this thread for a while now...
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
rhizome wrote:

-independently save/reload parts and scenes. also, something like "scene record mode" that would allow you to create a scene without using one hand to hold down the button.

This would be great! I was thinking of a "copy current part parameters to scene" but this would be even better since you can select which parameters you want to copy.
King Koopa
Re:OT feature requests 10 Years, 9 Months ago
license wrote:
rhizome wrote:

This would be great! I was thinking of a "copy current part parameters to scene" but this would be even better since you can select which parameters you want to copy.

The scene record mode is something I've been thinking of lately. In my mind it works like a classic/extended mode via md. scene a could be set to classic and scene b set to extended. Slide fader to scene b, hold scene b and double tap the desired scene trig. Trig light blinks letting you know you are in "scene record lock". At this point it will record parameter locks to the scene b as in live record mode. Hit scene again to exit scene record mode and then fade to scene a to access original (classic) mode.

This would be epic.
Chain Chomp
I would LOVE a sample trig probability option. ie you could assign a 65% chance that a rim shot sample would trig during each pass through of the sequencer. Has something like this ever been discussed?
mistakem wrote:
I would LOVE a sample trig probability option. ie you could assign a 65% chance that a rim shot sample would trig during each pass through of the sequencer. Has something like this ever been discussed?

Could be nice. However, you can do something like that using an LFO with trig set to HOLD and parameter set to amp. Then make draw something like a square wave in the LFO Designer where the positive part of the waveform represents the probability of a sample trig
Chain Chomp
de Haan wrote:
mistakem wrote:

Could be nice. However, you can do something like that using an LFO with trig set to HOLD and parameter set to amp. Then make draw something like a square wave in the LFO Designer where the positive part of the waveform represents the probability of a sample trig

I've never really thought of that! Thank you, I will try this out
It's in the 115 pages somewhere, but I'd like to restate it.

An option for Master track on track 7 with track 8 as the master neighbor.

For chaining effects, but also I'd like the amp page available for master gating. Ultimately, I'd like some tempo controls if giving up two tracks for master tracks. A knob to toggle machine master tempo Vs pattern master tempo (acceptable if in a non-plockable setup menu and saved with the part), a knob for pattern master tempo (P-lockable & LFO send) maybe on the playback screen. Glitching at extreme settings expected. Without modulation it would give the ability to save tempo info with patterns.
Go to top Post Reply