As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years ago
The ability to pause record trigs.

Or append recordings as slices instead of overwriting. The Record Trig de-activates when it reaches whatever max length you set for it, unless you re-arm it. So, if you had a quantized rec length of 8 and a max length of 64, it'd record for 8 four times the record trig was activated and add it as a new slice, then shut off.

I read the last few pages, lots of nice ideas. Tempo to scene would rock. MIDI notes with the arrows + function, yes! The a4 has spoiled me. Maybe the encoder changes the root and the arrow changes the octave? Scales other than chromatic would be great. Not being able to change the pitch to chipmunk or darth vader levels has long been a bummer. And threshold sampling especially with quantized recording would be incredible. You can tell the OT is already tracking input volume with those LEDs that light up, let's use it for music! Same goes for side chain / envelope follower.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Has been asked before:

Transpose of sequencers and arp can be changed by keyboard notes (on both Octatrack chromatic keyboard or external keyboard) - this would make all the difference for jamming and live performance!
Goomba
I agree with other ideas here:

Midi notes with arrows and function key

Octatrack upgrade: 8 audio outputs (analogue) or 8 digital outputs via USB!
Goomba
lots od nerdish suggestions.

How about a simple threshold sampling?

How about being practical?
King Koopa
I'm hopeful that the inclusion of the noise gates a couple updates ago is an indication that things like threshold sampling and envelope followers are possible, though the latter doesn't seem to have a natural place in the OT environment. speaking of which, I wish the LFO page was actually a mod matrix with more source options (envelopes, pitch, input levels, etc).

edit: for the record, consider me a nerd who would pick an envelope follower over threshold sampling if forced to choose
Cappy
As everybody, lenght recording in audio mode.

BUT

Save selection to sample in static machines would be usefull cause sometimes the material to sample is too heavy for being load on a flex machine slot (which allow to crop, trim, save selection)

would be nice!!!
Goomba
fewture wrote:
Octatrack upgrade: 8 audio outputs (analogue) or 8 digital outputs via USB!

An 8 output breakout box would be so useful. +1
Boo
drum'n'noise: http://www.speakonion.com
NYC's wreckedest sounds: http://www.immigrantbreastnest.com
fewture wrote:
8 audio outputs (analogue)

I would probably be willing to pay more for this.

fewture wrote:
8 digital outputs via USB!

I would instantly the price of a new OT for this.
Goomba
Don't know if it had been asked before but having the possibility to modulate cue level with LFOs and P-Locks would be super great for those of us who use external FX such as fx guitar pedals (I'm addicted to them)

Or did I miss something ???
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
jonah wrote:
The ability to pause record trigs.

Or append recordings as slices instead of overwriting. The Record Trig de-activates when it reaches whatever max length you set for it, unless you re-arm it. So, if you had a quantized rec length of 8 and a max length of 64, it'd record for 8 four times the record trig was activated and add it as a new slice, then shut off.

YES. Paralleling the play slice capabilities with record slice capabilities would be killer.

Also, how about other record modes like mix/layer recording (rather than just overwriting)? This would make it a lot easier to make chords.

Speaking of which, will it ever be possible to play the samples at anything besides original pitch and start position while recording? This, especially combined with the above, would make for some really nutty sequencing capabilities.

Not being able to change the pitch to chipmunk or darth vader levels has long been a bummer.

BIG BIG +1. Come on, what simpler way to make this machine crazier than to increase the pitch range? Maybe give options for pitch: a coarse option with +/- 64 semitones and the current fine pitch option.
Go to top Post Reply