As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Killer Beez
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Animals...!
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
anselmi wrote:
3 years ago Actuel stopped talking to me because I said I don´t like the face of the "radio" icon (I still hate it)...

bwahahaha. love the face or get out.
Admin
mos6581 wrote:
Who knows what the future holds...

Well it has been stated that each track has polyphony, so while apparently they're monophonic atm, my guess is there will be future upgrades incorporating this in one way or the other. Like for example a drum sampler kind of machine like the Monomachine BBOX, with the kind of polyphony that the Monomachine MIDI machines hold.
Boo
Octatrack DPS-1
Thanks for the video darenager - hope it didn't wake you son up!

Jut that short clip showed me why I'm right to be selling Ableton Live and buying an OT in the next couple of months.

Really interested now to find out more about how on-the-fly sampling works, and understand more about how sets/projects work.

Still not sure why Elektron couldn't put the beta manual online.
Nils wrote:
mos6581 wrote:
Who knows what the future holds...

Well it has been stated that each track has polyphony, so while apparently they're monophonic atm, my guess is there will be future upgrades incorporating this in one way or the other. Like for example a drum sampler kind of machine like the Monomachine BBOX, with the kind of polyphony that the Monomachine MIDI machines hold.

do you have info that leads you to believe this or is it an assumption? just curious.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Still waiting, dreaming, for poly on every track for the mono machine die mono die mono
Good lord there are only six tracks, give me more poly!
Know there are only 8 on the octa, give me poly otherwise I go off my cracker
Game & Watch
Thanks for the vid D.

Hammer Bro
Yep, thanks from me for the video as well.

I'm looking forward to more

Andy
King Koopa
22Tapes train of thought on the OT is kind of interesting to me, since I never thought about it in that way. I never intended to compose a whole piece of music on it, and now I can see that it's probably difficult to do that if you wanted to.

OT will be a "playing Live or Digital DJing machine" for me 70%, and the rest of the time i will check out what it will do in the Studio, but that's not my main intension for buying it.

22Tape, maybe you could use the upcoming Midi-Maachines (another 8 tracks) for sequencing some other gear (also Drums, etc)?

Or do you need everything in one box?
Admin
ignatius wrote:
do you have info that leads you to believe this or is it an assumption? just curious.

Apart from Actuel's info directly from Elektron that the OT is (or will be?) polyphonic, this is 100% an assumption on my part.
Go to top Post Reply