As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
^^ Ohhh yesss, thanks for that !!!

Will try them !!!!!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
So much focus on what the OT can't do, so little on what it can... shame. Although, I guess that's a given with something that hasn't even really seen the light of day yet. Human nature, I guess.

Seems to me that if you wanna program drums, you get an MD-UW, simple as. I'm thinking for me the OT will be like a live remix machine. I've got about 10 song sketches I've created recently and I plan to stem them out and drop them into the OT to really flip them out. Now, I'm jonesin' for a Eventide H8000 to run the OT's outs through! Stoked!
Chain Chomp
well, it's easy to be less critical and not as nit-picky about the features of of a piece of gear if you can easily afford it. i've seen so many threads where people are not only buying the OT but also discussing what gear they're going to buy to compliment it. must be nice!

this would be a huge financial purchase for me, and i'd have to sell some other beloved gear to get the OT. boo-hooo, i know. but i think it's understandable to scrutinize it. plus, we already know, for the most part, the praise-able points of the OT. but we're only now learning what it doesn't do, because elektron obviously isn't going to adverstise those things.
Game & Watch
22tape wrote:
plus, we already know, for the most part, the praise-able points of the OT.

Sorry, no offense at all, but I disagree with that TOTALLY. How can that even be possible when virtually no one has even touched it??? Go read the specs of the MD or the MnM, spend a good amount of time using it, and then tell me those specs told you even half the story... I can tell you from experience, they don't.

Honestly, if it's a huge purchase for you financially, why are you in such a rush to make a decision on it? Why don't you just wait and see how this is really gonna pan out? Because a year from now it may be a totally different animal, as the MD and MnM are now compared to when they dropped. Maybe then you'll get a chance to use it hands-on, or buy one used when you can easily recoup your full outlay on it.
Admin
Thanks for all the info daren! Filter does sound good.

I think it's a great idea to scrutinize a product you are going to dump a bunch o money into and finding what it won't do and if it can meet your needs.

I also think there is a lot to be gained by focusing on what it can do and what the possibilities are. That breeds excitement and inspiration. The octa is going to enable people to make some very fresh sounds and will most likely change how a user makes and approaches their music. If you have music inside you to be made, it doesn't really matter how you get it out. If you cN be flexible and allow a machine to work with you it might generate some great surprises.

22tape- is lack of specific sample panning really a deal killer for you? If so you might consider sending elektron An email about it. They have been very responsive in the past as I'm sure you know.
Game & Watch
Well said Kirlian.

What always excites me about Elektron kit is that I know I'm gonna come up with something fresh because of the way the sequencer is inextricably linked to the sound design. It almost forces you to do something fresh!
Chain Chomp
ThinkTanx wrote:
22tape wrote:
plus, we already know, for the most part, the praise-able points of the OT.

Sorry, no offense at all, but I disagree with that TOTALLY. How can that even be possible when virtually no one has even touched it??? Go read the specs of the MD or the MnM, spend a good amount of time using it, and then tell me those specs told you even half the story... I can tell you from experience, they don't.

Honestly, if it's a huge purchase for you financially, why are you in such a rush to make a decision on it? Why don't you just wait and see how this is really gonna pan out? Because a year from now it may be a totally different animal, as the MD and MnM are now compared to when they dropped. Maybe then you'll get a chance to use it hands-on, or buy one used when you can easily recoup your full outlay on it.

i'm not offended that you disagree. no need to apologize. i disagree with you too you're saying all those folks who pre-orderdered don't know most of the benefits of the OT. cool.

who said i'm in a rush to buy it? i'm simply finding out as much as possible, as soon as possible, so i can start saving, or move on. i thought that what this forum was for.

and i doubt that it'll be a different beast a year from now. the OS may become more robust, and it have more cool features, but it's not going to grow wings and turn into something different.
Chain Chomp
jeebus. this place is like a hippie elektron commune. and the octatrak is the tree of knowledge. and no one should question the meaning of its existance. i guess it will all be groovy in the end man
Chain Chomp
kirlian wrote:

22tape- is lack of specific sample panning really a deal killer for you? If so you might consider sending elektron An email about it. They have been very responsive in the past as I'm sure you know.

no that's not the deal breaker. it's never one single thing that is a deal break. its several things. but, good idea. i'll email them to see if they have any plans on implementing panning per sample. though i do think it's more of a design concept issue than a feature request.
Admin
At think at this point , dude , you need to escalate some of your queries to the elektron mother ship . You ain't getting the answers you seek from us hippies. also, investigate page two of the smilies. Thus forum is fun and informative. It's not a customer service center designed to convince skeptics to buy the product. Either wait, demand answers from elektron source or just have a little trust in the process ... Something. It kinda seems like a big argument about why the octatrack isn't right for you. But you keep wanting it to be or what?
Go to top Post Reply