As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
^^i agree definetly,

Parameter locking the pan - or actually ANLY feature of a sound is the key!
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
it's definitely great to have the option (meaning it's an option, but you don't have to) to p-lock everything! but what if you don't want to use p-locks to change the pan position for every sample in every track? it'd be nice to have the option to, say, pan the piano sample 25-left, then let it go
Cappy
gurulogic wrote:
I wonder why Elektron is leaving us out in the cold to speculate about what is what? Might be an opportune time for them to publish some hard facts...[/quote

makes me wonder too
maybe they are struggling with the Os to get all the advertised functionality that they want in there,, i didnt know the midi was gonna be in a future os update at all, infact ive ordered one for this years gigs/festivals absolutely needing that functionality,
the adverts and hype all says its there, only in the very small print do you see its intended to be added in an os update in quarter 1
im new to Elektron and I can see many praise them for constantly updating the Os, and for good solid reliable products, so im giving them the benfit of the doubt, but still slightly cheesed off about the lack of midi right now, when i need it its not good business practice in my eyes.
Chain Chomp
regards to the panning. Cant you just make different version of the sample with different panning? Since the tracks are stereo, it shouldnt be a problem.

Anyone remember Protracker on Amiga? 4 tracks with samples, but still people made incredible stuff.

I look at the OT as a super tracker in hardware form, with 8 stereo tracks.
Game & Watch
My advice to everyone waiting for theirs is to get a CF card, make a folder on it then put all your loops and samples in there, name them properly too. Then you can load them right in, make sure the card is FAT32 format. If you put samples on the root the OT won't see them, so make a folder.
Game & Watch
Chain Chomp
Thomas wrote:
regards to the panning. Cant you just make different version of the sample with different panning? Since the tracks are stereo, it shouldnt be a problem.

Anyone remember Protracker on Amiga? 4 tracks with samples, but still people made incredible stuff.

I look at the OT as a super tracker in hardware form, with 8 stereo tracks.

that's what i was hoping for too--the super hardware tracker. except with a tracker you can pan per sample in a single track. yes, you could make different panning versions but that can hamper the workflow and take up uneeded 80mb ram space. i got frustrated and had to sell my 404 because it didn't have panning per sample- i couldn't compose full mixes in it. fine. it only cost $300. but poo poo if a $1499 machine doesn't have it!
Cappy
darenager wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xykja2qPuz4

blinding!
filters arent half bad are they!
im gonna hook this up to my tr-909 for sure, sample on the fly,
like your track btw, have u got a 303 in your studio somewhere or samples? (obviously samples now lol )

thanks for the demo
Chain Chomp
darenager wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xykja2qPuz4

thanks for that man. good stuff!
Chain Chomp
Its been so many years since ive used trackers. But i remember i had to insert the panning value in the trackers sequencer. And thats pretty similar to parameter locks.
Go to top Post Reply