As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Game & Watch
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Ok, well I don't want to get any hopes up - the video is encoding now but in the meantime a few words/thoughts:

1. I only had 1 shot to get the video done, my son who is 10 had just gone to bed, so I had to use a tiny 4" computer speaker, so don't pay any attention to the sound/mix, its pretty rough, also I just grabbed 3 loops and got started, I did not pre plan anything so it is very much presented as it was recorded, warts and all. The loops I used are from 2 of my older tracks so that if you are familiar with them you might be able to hear what the OT is doing. I will post the links of the original tracks if anyone is interested.

2. Personally, I think with the short time I have had with it (about 4 hours total) it has occured to me that it is ideally suited to working with short loops, great for remixes or using as a looper, I have not really had the chance to try longer samples yet so can't comment on that. The processing that can be done to samples is brilliant, techno bods will love it.

3. I think the learning curve is steeper than the MD or MnM, but a lot of the stuff will be familiar too.

I'll post the link in a moment once it is up, be kind
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
I hope no one in the vicinity got Hectorized while you were rocking it
Game & Watch
Whilst I'm waiting for the video to encode, I'll add this:

If you love the MDUW, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Octa!
MK7
Killer Beez
darenager wrote:

greeeeeeeeeeat
gurulogic wrote:
blackshark wrote:

EDIT: regarding this multisampled pianos discussion, i don't expect that Elektron will design it like this..

But why then the option for 128 samples per 64 step track? It just doesn't make any sense at all if there is no option to layer "voices". I am just trying to understand how these 128 samples could possibly be used in a track. The only possibility I see is that each scenes can make use of different samples, but that still doesn't seem very sensible to me...

Thinking about this,it could bee possible..

OT is a machine incredible with its routings, in future they could release a machine where you could trigger other tracks, on one step, at the same time for layering samples...

mnm and md had a life time of upgrades and surely OT will do too
Killer Beez
I wonder why Elektron is leaving us out in the cold to speculate about what is what? Might be an opportune time for them to publish some hard facts...
darenager wrote:

Game & Watch
Sorry for the delay chaps, youtube seems slow tonight progress bar saying about 15 minutes remaining.

The vocal sample/crash/noise is rather way too loud and a bit annoying, so apologies in advance for that, in the video I mainly demo the excellent filter, and some of the scene and realtime functions, but really I am only just scratching the surface, also it takes a bit of skill to get good with the performance aspect, DJs will be right at home though, I need practice!
Chain Chomp
are we sure that it doesn't have panning per sample? if not, i have to say: poo poo!

you owe me a fat burger if you tell me it's because i don't understand the concept or that i'm over looking the fact that it ships with magic dust.

can the OT tmestretch? yep.

can it p-lock? yep.

does it have flexible internal routing? yep.

does it have tons of other cool/useful features? yep.

does it have basic voice panning? nope.

sweet!!
Game & Watch
Trust me having the option to use more than 1 sample per track is great, remember you can plock all your eq, filters, fx, volume, panning etc per step.
Go to top Post Reply