As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass
jdn
King Koopa
MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass 13 Years, 5 Months ago
Hi all,

This box can really rip!

First dubstep bass I'm happy with out of my Monomachine:
http://snd.sc/dIgwVK

Full disclosure: I was aiming to emulate "Mutants" by Liquid Stranger. So if the bassline sounds familiar, uh, that's why. I find trying to copy tracks that are really great is always a huge learning experience....

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll make a SYSEX dump of the kit+pattern.
(edit: see below)
  The topic has been locked.
Re:MNM Dubstep Wobble Bass 13 Years, 5 Months ago
well made! I've been struggling to make bass like this, a sysex or just a parameter list would be really cool! what machine did you use?
Admin
tIB was here
nice! An FM machine as sound source? reverb machine (2?) and compression on this... expand!
Game & Watch
I don't produce dubstep but there have been at least a half-dozen posts about "how do I make a wobble" here at the forum over the last year. So yes there's definitely some interested parties here on the forum for a share.

Just for a guessing game fun, I am going to say it's not FM but rather one of the other machines. It sounds to me like you have some pretty decent filter+resonance on it, and you are modulating that to get your wobble. This is a wild-a55 guess but I'll say SID machine. Who else wants to take a guess?
King Koopa
13 Years, 5 Months ago
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Wewt! Great bass there. Not sure why some people hate on the way the MnM sounds. Always have loved it, never have owned one. Any possibilities of doing this with just a regular MD? I don't own a UW, so sampling's out of the question.

Will be listening to this jam and tweaking my MD all evening now
jdn
King Koopa
Arright, I've zipped up syx for the kit + pattern.

151.5 BPM. The .5 IS SUPER IMPORTANT.

In case you're curious, here's a rundown of the design:

Track 1 is a Pulse with enough Sub 1 to get the distortion to kick in.

HP filter is set to ride on the suboctave (base val of 8), with key-tracking enabled, and resonance cranked.

LP filter is not key-tracked, but gets swept by LFO 1 to get a nice wobble. Key track is off to keep the LP filter wobble frequency more "stable" as a backdrop to the jumping pitches.

Track 2 uses a double draw machine because it lets you mix between a tri or a sine wave as an additional "clean" subbass. Track 2 is driven by the trigs in track 1, and track 1 is transposed +12 to maintain the high / low octave relationship.

Track 3 is a verb "send" that's pulling from the two basses.
LFO 1 slightly modulates the decay of the verb to break up static resonances in the tail (this only partly successful).
LFO 2 adds a slight fast autopan to the reverb.
LFO 3 adds a fake "sidechain" envelope to the verb's amplitude.

Track 5 is a simple BBOX breakbeat rhythm that's playing a halftime feel.

I'm super curious to play around some more with the SID and FM machines for different bass sounds, but I went straight for the square since it's a great starting point.
File Attachment:
File Name: mnm_dubstep01.zip
File Size: 935
Cappy
MDUW/MnM MkII's/Virus Ti
Thanks for the share mate your a star, will give me incentive to get off my back side and have a jamb with elektron twins Did not think it was a 3 machine bass high level programming dude, this will make me start digging deeper in multiple machine sounds I think
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
thank you for sharing...this is the forum at it's best.

*wobbles over to monomachine*

peace
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Man...

Been sitting here all night tweaking with my MD and there's no way I've found to get something this bad ass! Me = going nuts.
Go to top Post Reply