As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case?
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 3 Months ago
tIB wrote:
While Im here has anyone travelled far with one of these?
Im moving overseas and want to take the mono with me- any ideas on how to get extra baggage allowance for my huge weapons case?!

well, they (pelican) are designed for all kinds of hardcore use (military, work, etc.)
so yeah, it'll definately be ok..
as far as airport security, I don't have a clue
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
Security is not an issue , because they screen it and check for irregularities. You may have to explain a bit when you check in, though. if this is a weapons case

The weight however is another matter, but usually it's not a problem either, just that it can cost a lot of money extra if you have over your allowed total weight...I always carry on my MD and SID, though! I have seen what the airline-carriers do to the luggage!!

Seems to me they have a through it as far as possible contest out there every day..
Admin
tIB was here
Im toying with the idea of trying to pick up a secong hand sfx60 to take, but seeing as though i dont have a machinedrum I have decisions to make...

I have no desire to sell the sfx6 though as I think it is as near perfect as anything else I have ever used. Also, carrying it round in a high grade munitions case makes me feel, in my own special way, a bit like Jimmy Cauty!!!
Game & Watch
tIB wrote:
Im toying with the idea of trying to pick up a secong hand sfx60 to take, but seeing as though i dont have a machinedrum I have decisions to make...

get that MD man...you´ll never get it back...
Admin
tIB was here
wise words.
my only problem with this is that if I do get the MD Im pretty sure Ill get a sfx60 as well as Im a bit simple like that. I havent put the mono down since I got it and Im still learning. Ho hum, there are worse problems to have and at the end of the day its only money!
Goomba
Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 2 Months ago
i also own the sfx-6 and a pelican 1720
it can be a tight squeeze sometimes
all original foam
i cut it out with a knife
and a little space up top for the knobs
i am very happy with the quality
and the wheels
Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 2 Months ago
+1 for the Pelican 1720. Amazing case and yeah, you can't beat the wheels.
Boo
Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 15 Years ago
New here, hello!

I've been lurking for a good while but just coming around to finally posting. I'm glad this discussion has been archived in the FAQ section..

to those with the 1550 Peli that holds both the MD and MNM, does anyone know if this case is allowed as a carry on? I'll be traveling soon and wondering if it'll have to go into cargo, which I prefer not to, but the case seems strong enough to deal with the brute force of baggage handlers loading and unloading. I'm hoping I can just sit it in the overheard compartment but between size and weight, I'm not sure.

I also noticed the Peli site has a new lock which is TSA approved.

cheers!
Admin
The 1510 is the largest that can technically be a carry on. 1550 is 2 inches to big.

I think you can stack the MM and MD fine in the 1510 though.
Boo
actuel wrote:
The 1510 is the largest that can technically be a carry on. 1550 is 2 inches to big.

I think you can stack the MM and MD fine in the 1510 though.

I read on page 2 of this thread that both machines don't fit in the 1510.

Edit - it was actually the 1520 that was referenced as not fitting both machines. It looks like the 1510 is approved carry on per the pelican site, but
Can anyone with a 1510 confirm that both machines fit in it? I'm flying to a gig in May and looking for the best way to have these on me rather than checking them in. The boxes they came in look small enough to bring as as carry on, but not sure if i can just bring those 2 boxes with me and my backpack

cheers!
Go to top Post Reply