As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Playing live / thoughts on this elektron/HW setup (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Playing live / thoughts on this elektron/HW setup
Goomba
Playing live / thoughts on this elektron/HW setup 10 Years, 6 Months ago
Hi - hope I could get some input on my planned setup.

I have MD UW + Arturia Minibrute and planning on getting a A4.
... I'm thinking CV control of Minibrute from A4 and using it also as a midi controller for the A4
... Audio linked Minibrute->A4 (this uses up a track I assume...)
... Audio linked from A4->MD inputs
... MIDI USB linked Minibrute->A4 and A4->MD (for sync)

1) The above should work ok?

2) This planned setup is about the size I want, but does not give any polyphony, I would like chord stabs/drones - I guess I could sample it on the MD UW, but it's a painfull process, any ideas on how I can add polyphony to my setup without too much expense? I guess technically the MD can do 3-note chords by MIDI and this midi out should be available...

3) Any problems in "linking" the sound this way? eg; without an external mixer... so everything is chained to the MD - any experiences with this in a live setting? The only problems I can think of is that there is no easy way of eq'ing the different instruments and the MD compressor will affect everything? However, I do get to use all the cool FX on the A4 and MD (and sequence FX changes).

Cheers
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Playing live / thoughts on this elektron/HW setup 10 Years, 6 Months ago
illextreme wrote:
Hi - hope I could get some input on my planned setup.

I have MD UW + Arturia Minibrute and planning on getting a A4.
... I'm thinking CV control of Minibrute from A4 and using it also as a midi controller for the A4

... Audio linked Minibrute->A4 (this uses up a track I assume...)

I'm not 100% sure since I haven't tried it yet, but I think one of the FX Track pages allows you to use the external inputs without using one of the 4 tracks, or any other resources. You can also send the inputs to the A4 FX from that same page.

... Audio linked from A4->MD inputs

No reason for it not to work.

... MIDI USB linked Minibrute->A4 and A4->MD (for sync)

Not sure if the A4 allows MIDI over USB. However, you can use a standard midi cable to connect the Minibrute to the A4 and then playing the A4 with the Minibrutes keyboard.

2) This planned setup is about the size I want, but does not give any polyphony, I would like chord stabs/drones - I guess I could sample it on the MD UW, but it's a painfull process, any ideas on how I can add polyphony to my setup without too much expense? I guess technically the MD can do 3-note chords by MIDI and this midi out should be available...

Do you need real polyphony or just chord stabs? The A4 can do the latter.

3) Any problems in "linking" the sound this way? eg; without an external mixer... so everything is chained to the MD - any experiences with this in a live setting? The only problems I can think of is that there is no easy way of eq'ing the different instruments and the MD compressor will affect everything? However, I do get to use all the cool FX on the A4 and MD (and sequence FX changes).

With the A4, you have 2 filters and you can often use the multimode filter as an EQ replacement, usually filtering out unneeded low frequencies with a highpass filter.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply