As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:MD/OT switch between patterns without waiting pattern end (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MD/OT switch between patterns without waiting pattern end
MD/OT switch between patterns without waiting pattern end 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to make drum fills for transitions between patterns with the MD. As one can't switch between patterns on the fly without waiting for the end of the running pattern, the MD can't make drum fills like I use to do with my RS7K (it's very useful in a live-set, to introduce small variations or transitions). It seems that it could be done using mute/unmute on a pair of tracks in the same pattern, but if there's an other method to do it, I would be happy to know it.

As I'm looking to buy the OT, can some owner tell me if this problem of the MD as been solved on the OT ?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:MD/OT switch between patterns without waiting pattern end 10 Years, 7 Months ago
You can use a midi track on the OT to change md patterns via note (instead of program change). This technique changes the md pattern instantly. You can then say built 4 fill patterns in the md, and use a p-locked lfo on the OT midi track to cyle or randomly jump between the fills.

One issue is that I don't like the slight timing fails doing this so my workaround is using an OT audio track for the kick drums. Then issue becomes unnoticeable.
Re:MD/OT switch between patterns without waiting pattern end 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Also of note, the OT can be set to change pattern in as few as two steps. Not quite instantly, but able to add fills.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
You could use song-mode to just play "parts of a pattern" ..
have a few patterns that have normal beats, and some with fill..
build bigger beat in songmode.. then jam with it
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Also possible afaik to sequence the MD with the OT's MIDI machines. The advantages to this are microtiming as well as the ability to add different fills on different MIDI tracks. If you set each MIDI track to the same channel and unmute one of them at a time, you can have several fills available on each OT pattern.
Thanx 4 your responses !
Go to top Post Reply