As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur
MK7
Killer Beez
DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur 11 Years ago
Somewhere behind 7 mountains, in the deep forest of an Elektron Lounge thread, I mentioned that I uploaded a program called "Machinedrum Morphor". Now this announcement gets its own thread

The Machinedrum Morphor uses the power of Lemur iPad to take sounds you can get out of a Machinedrum to another level. It features CTR-AL for not all but just some selected tracks with a slider similar to (or at least inspired by) the Octatrack's crossfader. I think that it is quite powerful and might be interesting for those of you who use a Machinedrum and have an iPad.

The Lemur app is quite expensive, but worth every cent when equipped with an appropriate template. Except my own template I'm only aware of one other template that can be found in the net: the MDC template. The MDC template has other nice features, e.g., control of FX settings without menu diving and multi-ball fields. If you like, the Machinedrum Morphor can be combined with the MDC template via copy&paste of container objects. You should just make sure that no global scripts/variables get lost.

Original thread: Elektron Lounge thread

The file can be found in the DL section, incl. a short documentation.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you set up/use the Machinedrum Morphor. Science lab thread: Lemur science lab

There you can also find a sound demo made by myself. However, I'm more of a straight-forward techno beat creator. I'm sure that this thing can do a lot more than just manipulate some straight-forward techno beats!

Have fun!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:DL // Machinedrum Morphor for iPad Lemur 11 Years ago
Seems like a great tool and might tip me over into getting Lemur...
Chain Chomp
I'm integrating this into my current Lemur setup. Right now I have it controlling a bunch of gear but the ability to use CTL-AL machines on selected tracks is mind-blowing!

I have a gig on May 11th and will record the mayhem.
MK7
Killer Beez
biologik wrote:
I'm integrating this into my current Lemur setup. Right now I have it controlling a bunch of gear but the ability to use CTL-AL machines on selected tracks is mind-blowing!

I have a gig on May 11th and will record the mayhem.

nice
MK7
Killer Beez
Does anybody know, if the Novation Nocturn controller works with an iPad? Looks great for the needs of the Machinedrum Morphor. If not, do you have suggestions for a small controller? I'm going to add MIDI input.

Or maybe just that thing: LPD 8.
Chain Chomp
I wish I had the cash for the Lemur app

I haven't tried to connect multiple USB-MIDI devices to the iPad... is this possible with just the Camera Connection Kit and a USB hub?
MK7
Killer Beez
void wrote:

I haven't tried to connect multiple USB-MIDI devices to the iPad... is this possible with just the Camera Connection Kit and a USB hub?

I think so, but didn't try it yet.
Chain Chomp
I'll give it a shot if I can dig out my hub!
Goomba
void wrote:

Yep, it sees all sorts of USB-MIDI devices at the same time.
Chain Chomp
great!
Go to top Post Reply