As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? ISSUE SOLVED (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? ISSUE SOLVED
Cappy
- listen to my music
http://djsmao.tumblr.com
OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hello everyone!

I could not find an answer in the forum so I ask my question in a new thread

When I connect directly (midi to midi) my OT with a Virus TI SNOW and launch a midi sequence.. the Virus TI snow send back in A-B a long infinite noize!

if I do the same with a small synth (Shruti - 1 ), no noize but nice bass

Can you tell me if you have already encountered this kind of issue, what shall I configure on y virus?

Cheers!
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
hmmm..

if you had no sound what so ever from the virus.. i would say, your doing something wrong..
but you say your shruti box does work. and if you repeat those steps with virus.. it does not.

hmmm.. if i was in your shoes.. i try if the virusses outputs would work yeah or neh.
if they dont.. start 2 cry...
if they do.. try it in octatrack without midi.. but just by pressing button.
if that does not work.. its weird,
if it works.. look in manual if the virus is multitimbral (should be) and if it can just recieve midi on all 16 channels without setting some configuration thing.. (my mc909 does not, you need a config-setting somewhere. My mv8800 does it.. but needs a bunch of setup thingies before it works as a multitimbral device..)
and try the midi thing, after changing the setup of the virus somewhere..

hmm.. i hope this list helps out.. if it doesnt.. i am sorry.. i gave it my best shot
i just keep my fingers crossed its not a broken virus.. nobody likes broken toys
Cappy
- listen to my music
Thanks a lot!

I will try:
look in manual if the virus is multitimbral (should be) and if it can just recieve midi on all 16 channels without setting some configuration thing.. (my mc909 does not, you need a config-setting somewhere. My mv8800 does it.. but needs a bunch of setup thingies before it works as a multitimbral device..)
and try the midi thing, after changing the setup of the virus somewhere..

as I think you may right!!!

Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Have you got midi in & out connected? If so you may be creating a midi loop. Try it with only one cable, OT out to Virus in.
Also are you connected via usb to your computer in Ti mode?
You should be able to select midi source as midi in or usb or both, you can on the Virus Ti!
Cappy
- listen to my music
Have you got midi in & out connected? If so you may be creating a midi loop. Try it with only one cable, OT out to Virus in.

I use only one cable , no midi loop

Also are you connected via usb to your computer in Ti mode?
You should be able to select midi source as midi in or usb or both, you can on the Virus Ti!

not sure to know how to change the setting but I noticed that following issue:
1- I connect the OT with a midi cable to the virus... I got from the virus some strange audio noize!
2- I connect the Virus via USB to my computer,
3- I launch ableton live, I put the VST plug in Virus TI SNOW on a track,
4- I change in the VST the configuration -> part 1, 2, 3, 4 -> OUT L+R (and not USB 1).
5- I disconnect my USB cable.
6- I connect the OT with a midi cable to the Virus..
7- I get a nice sound from the virus! it works..
8- I put my VIRUS TI SNOW asleep, I awake the virus, then I launch a midi sequence from the OT, the virus sends me back strange audio noize.. I need to go to step 2 to get a nice sounds

I don't understand the issue, could it be that I need to STORE my setting in the VIRUS ? change a param in the machine???

Don"t know! can you help?
Cheers.
Cappy
- listen to my music
OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? ISSUE SOLVED 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hellloo!

I found the issue.

The virus was sending some weird noizy sounds because I had the INPUT Thru + BOOST at the MAX Level while I was not connecting anything into the INPUT L+R of the virus.

Once I have disable the Input Thru / or / I reduce the boost to zero... the weird sounds disappear and let the space for NICE SOUNDS!!!

Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:OT: issue when connecting to a virus TI Snow? ISSUE SOLVED 11 Years, 11 Months ago
congratulations..

atleast your sure you dont have a broken toy... happy days..
weird problem though.. would not have guessed that one quickly i think..
Go to top Post Reply