As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual?? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual??
Boo
OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual?? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hey folks..

I am currently trying to map my OT using a Bitstream3x and I searched the OTs manual.. theres no Midi info in there.. can anybody tell me where to find this info? Have they released a manual addenum or something?

cheers!
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:OT: No Midi Hex/Dec info in the Manual?? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
yes they have..

just look on the elektron website for full documentation.. even includes a midi-chart
for your entertainment/information..
Boo
found it! thanks!! just what i was lookin for! have a lush weekend!
Boo
does anybody know what the $ sign that is written before the hex number stands for? we're trying to map stuff to the OT in the same way like we did with the MnM and the MD, but for some reason it doesnt work.. we're trying to figure this out.. then i can upload a template for the bitstream 3x which controls MD, MnM & OT..
Cappy
SPS-1 UW+ MkII
SFX-60+ MkII
DPS-1
the dreammer wrote:
yes they have..

just look on the elektron website for full documentation.. even includes a midi-chart
for your entertainment/information..

Just to clarify for anyone else who is looking for this information, it's in the OS 1.1 addendum to the manual for the Octatrack.
Cappy
pixlfiend wrote:
does anybody know what the $ sign that is written before the hex number stands for?

i'm pretty sure that just means it's a Hex number. it's the same in the MD manual.
$ means Hex, and % means Decimal.
Boo
weird.. i must be overlooking something.. theres this string of numbers which one writes to define what is being mapped and i did it exactly as i did with both MD and MnM but for the OT it somehow isnt working.. i've tried mapping various parameters but it doesnt work..

does anybody else here own a bitstream 3x?
MCL
Boo
Hey Pixel,

I had my Bitstream mapped to the OT about two weeks ago, but I upgraded the firmware, and the bloody configuration software decided to corrupt the bloody file I had set up.

I haven't had time to reconstruct the map, but it is deffo doable.

this document helped a lot:

http://www.waveidea.com/en/downloads/bitstream_3x/AN010_bs3x_midichannels.pdf

You need to use the software to properly configure each control to its own specific channel - that document tells you how. I just followed the instructions listed and used the MIDI implementation chart at the back of the OT manual to set it up. Was a long process, but excellent to have control over the parameters.

Hopefully I find the time to get it going again......

Saving libraries on the configuration software seems a bit iffy to be honest (on a Mac at any rate)
Boo
i used a windows machine for it.. i've got the MD & MnM mapped and working well.. I'm tryin to set up a template for all 3 machines.. it could be that this is not possible tho, as with the MD and MnM mapped I already used up 10 of 16 available midi channels.. The MD uses 1-4 the MnM 5-10 so I'm 2 channels short.. If this doesnt work out I'll map the OT & MD as I have quite good control over the MnM as it is.. For me the OT is the one needing external controlling the most.. Have you tried mapping the MnM to the Bitstream? It would be awesome to get that joystick and ribbon controller mapped to it.. Do these dedicated MiDi channels from the PDF exist seperate from the usual 16 MiDi channels?

Anyways.. If I manage to get everything working I'll upload a fresh template for the community. Do you also use the MD & MnM? If you want the template as it is now, just give me a shout in this thread or PM me.. I'll be glad to share!

cheers dude!
MCL
Boo
The way I had it set up was as follows.

On the OT the tracks were all set to their own channels 1-8, set up in the midi preferences of the OT project,

Using the configuration software of the Bitstream I had the 8 faders (and the 4 knobs above each fader) - set to channel 1-8.

so fader 1 was set to control volume of track 1 in the OT, knob 1 was low EQ, Knob 2 was Mid EQ, Knob 3 was High EQ and Know 4 was Effect 2 send level. - All on channel 1

The other 'strips' were set the same across the 3x - all on their own channel.

You have to edit the MIDI string manually in the configuration software manually and override the global MIDI channel in the group - in the user defined tab of the software.

It took fookin ages to do - but worked well....until the software borked it.

I never needed control over the MD in such a way as the OT - so never really needed to configure it. I had a Mono before the bitstream - so never got the chance to try and set it up.

Any more q's - i'll try my best to help - and if I get it sorted out again - I will share!
Go to top Post Reply