As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years, 1 Month ago
I just had an idea, something that be usefull when changing slice# by lfo..
a even/uneven switch..
if i chop a beat in 4 chops.. all the uneven slices be kicks
all the even slices be snares (speaking in normal 4x4 beat) ..
so when i use lfo for slices
sometimes i get kicks where i wanted snares and vice versa..
if i had some even-uneven switch where the lfo value is either forced even.. or forced uneven..
if i lock it at the right time.. i can force either a kick or a snare slice ..
now if i would do this with lets say 32bars of a "normal" rockbeat.. and set my triggers and lfo's right.. slice it like i should... set the lfo to change slices.. play my pattern..
and i should get a million variations on the kick-snare-kick-snare beat..

so hence i propose for the feature request list..
an lfo-even-uneven-force-trigger...
  The topic has been locked.
the dreammer wrote:
I just had an idea, something that be usefull when changing slice# by lfo..
a even/uneven switch..
if i chop a beat in 4 chops.. all the uneven slices be kicks
all the even slices be snares (speaking in normal 4x4 beat) ..
so when i use lfo for slices
sometimes i get kicks where i wanted snares and vice versa..
if i had some even-uneven switch where the lfo value is either forced even.. or forced uneven..
if i lock it at the right time.. i can force either a kick or a snare slice ..
now if i would do this with lets say 32bars of a "normal" rockbeat.. and set my triggers and lfo's right.. slice it like i should... set the lfo to change slices.. play my pattern..
and i should get a million variations on the kick-snare-kick-snare beat..

so hence i propose for the feature request list..
an lfo-even-uneven-force-trigger...

you could do this with 2 lfo's. the second lfo should alter the depth of lfo one or the wave form.
Yoshi
Clips and videos
[b]monoman wrote:[/b

you could do this with 2 lfo's. the second lfo should alter the depth of lfo one or the wave form.

I got things to turn on and off.. and slowly ramp up and down.. but hmm
my head cant figure out how to make it even/uneven..
on or off.. yes.. slowly up.. and slowly down.. yes.. but even/uneven..
nope.. back to the practicing cause aparantly there is something i havent figured out yet
Boo
If you create one LFO that generates even only values (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, ...) then modulate that with a second LFO that either adds 0 or adds 1 (simple 0,1 square wave shape), then by modulating LFO 1 (the even guy) with the second (square wave guy) you either get all evens or all odds.

You'll have to play with the levels and amounts, but I think it is doable.
Yoshi
Clips and videos
hmm.. which leaves me to the question.. how do i get the lfo to do just even values in the beginning? .. and better yet.. as i said.. i want to make very sure on a step basis if its even or uneven.. I dont mind a bit of math.. or cross modulation of 2 lfo's.
but.. seems fudgy to me.. especially when going through a large amount of slices..

.. i could always make 2 sets of samples.. 1 with just the kickparts of 32bars of a certain thing. and 32bars of just the snareparts .. and sample lock either.. and have the lfo choose the slice
that way should "always work" to .. but hmmm.. it be nice if i could force the lfo into an even or uneven value within its "waveform" for mentioned chopping
Neighbour Machine

This would be much more useful if the inputs to the Neighbour Machine could be summed from all of the preceding tracks. So say you have:

Track 1: Flex/Static
Track 2: Flex/Static
Track 3: Flex/Static

If you want extra effects on Tracks 1 - 3, currently you'd have to insert a Neighbour Machine between each one:

Track 2: Neighbour (from Track 1)

Track 4: Neighbour (from Track 3)

Track 5: Flex/Static
Track 6: Neighbour (from Track 5)

With my idea of summing outputs from preceding tracks into the Neighbour Machine would mean you could do:

Track 2: Flex/Static
Track 4: Summing Neighbour

so that the output of Track 1, 2 and 3 would go to the effects on Track 4. Kind of like a sub-Master track.
Yoshi
Clips and videos
A sub-machine sounds nice..
Killer Beez
yes please, a sub/aux machine with parameter pages being used to select source tracks and input levels per source track.
King Koopa
wish:
snapshot modus to transfer the scene locks as is in a certain faderposition to steps or tracks.
Chain Chomp
lostinthemanual wrote:
wish:
snapshot modus to transfer the scene locks as is in a certain faderposition to steps or tracks.

Damn I wish this was true as well.
I've asked for it in the past.

I've also asked for a playback mode where you can lock a sample different from the one assgned to the slot(aka slot playback) and switch to chromatic or slice mode. On recording you would end up having plocked the slice and sample slot.
Actually this goes as a general request. Being able to temporarilly lock a parameter(or more) to certain value and then move to a playback mode and record your playing of notes, slices along with the temporary values of the parameters. I have already done that using Lemur for ipad and its damn useful.
Also a recording mode that allows a touched parameter to be recorded contiuus withouthaving to turn the knob all the time in order that your actually record to p-locks available in a track.(Also did this in ipad Lemur)
Go to top Post Reply