As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re: The first elektron product you ever got (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: The first elektron product you ever got
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
MnM Multi Map 19 Years, 2 Months ago
Hello,

How do I get the MnM not transpose my patterns when using Multi Map?

When I send C0 from my sequencer, I want to play pattern B9, untransposed. When I send D0 from the sequencer, I want to play pattern B10, untransposed. Currently, the patterns are switching, but they are transposing down, with C0 or D0 being the root note.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: MnM Multi Map 19 Years, 2 Months ago
Elektron support answered me on this one.

It's necessary to set Transpose to FIX on the track to prevent transposition.
King Koopa
The first elektron product you ever got 19 Years ago
Mine was the MD and I can still remember the excitement that I had when I waited for it to arrive. I took the whole day off from work and waited for it to get to my house. Once it got here I opened the elektron box and I sat and drooled over it for a bit. Then I took it to my studio, plugged my baby in and started making beats. I'll never forget how much joy I felt when listening back of all the patterns I had made, the sounds were so fukin hott. I know people bitch and complain about the price of the elektron products but I can tell you that they are worth every cent!! When I got my MnM sfx6 I wet myself hahahaha!! I LOVE ELEKTRON!! :-D
King Koopa
NoiseLab56309
MySpace
DSP Rules!!!
Re: The first elektron product you ever got 19 Years ago
First I've got the Sidstation because I wanted some lo-fi dirt between my high end synths, for some contrast.

Then the MD, first I was a bit skeptical about it, mainly for the digital sound. I already owned a Xbase09 but it didn't always have the sounds that I was looking for. So I decided to go for an MD next to my Xbase for best of both worlds (digital/analog). After I've got the MD it turns out that it is a fantastic music tool very inspiring and user-friendly.

After the MD it left me no choice then to go for the MM, because it is very useful for jam-sessions and the MD + MM is an ideal combo.

Still, the sound quality of the Elektron Machines is good but not perfect! I've got these machines because it's a clever concept and kick-ass user interface and you got quick results. My set-up is for the most part analog, as for digital I only have Kyma and the MD & MM. But the sound quality between Kyma and the Elektron Machines is huge...
Killer Beez
the MD - my one and only elektron box at the moment.

I definitely waited around all day for it to arrive, and then plugged it in and started putzing around without looking at the manual like I always do.

Read the manual on the can once, never looked at it again. The OS on these things is pretty intuitive.

Thats probably why I did not know that the knobs pushed down until about a month ago, when I was drooling over the MM one day.

Simply put, elektron rules, and I am doing my part by telling everyone where these amazing beats come from. Not too many people in my neck of the woods know elektron - that will change soon.
aom
Cappy
First and only Elektron product is the MD. I had a 707 kicking around that I started to program, but got bored w/ the sounds pretty quick, so I wanted something versatile that I wouldn't soon bore with, and I'm certainly not disappointed. Raced home on my bike from work on the day I realized it was to arrive, managed to beat the delivery guy, then enjoyed the rest of the afternoon exploring the MD (I'd read the manual prior to its arrival). Only had the MD a few months, so I'm always finding new stuff when I jam on it.

I have a similar reaction as milkmansnd in that few people in my parts know what I'm talking about when I tell them I have a Machinedrum.
Yoshi
sid first, then MD. love 'm both and i couldn't possibly survive without my MD!
Chain Chomp
MD is my one and only. I've come dangerously close at different times to puchasing the Sidstation and the MM, but have balked at each time. I can't justify the money for a sidstation with that damn DIY sid project out there. And I have yet to fully utilize my primary synth (Indigo 2) as it is. The Indigo's effects processing capabilities are a real obstacle to selling it (beyond its amazing synthesis capacity).

I do plan on upgrading to the UW version of the MD, assuming that the price is only mildly obscene.

cchocjr
Go to top Post Reply