As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Machinedrum repair frustration (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Machinedrum repair frustration
King Koopa
MDUW Classic

www.orsankart.com
Re:Machinedrum repair frustration 16 Years, 1 Month ago
no mention of trying your monitor/speaker cables?????
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
ive taken my monomachine machine to my regular repair shop and didnt have any issues. honestly i couldnt be without my mnm for weeks. and i got my mono back the next day
Goomba
Orsan Kart wrote:
no mention of trying your monitor/speaker cables?????

No if it was my monitors then all signals going into my mixer would be affected. And when i check the VU meter on any channel i put the Machniedrum through the left channel is faint, a good 10 decibels less and this is before it reaches the stereo main outs. Also if i put my headphones into the left mix out jack socket its fainter than when i put plug it into the right one. The fault also occurs in the headphone socket on headphones, any headphones !

Daniel Trowberg has replied to my email already, he wants it returned so off it will trott to Sweden again for the 3rd time. Whats the saying '3rd time lucky', i certainly wish that were true.

On a different note, i have recently bought a Waldorf Blofeld, this is keeping me just about sane while my Machinedrum is sick. If anyone was thinking of buying one don't hesitate, its fantastic ! The comb filters and the ability to use FM on everything make it sound unique, not to mention all the wavetables inside it. Its a delight to use and the new 1.02 firmware has ironed out most of the problems. Honestly buy one, 300 notes ( UK £ ) is a bargain for something that sounds this good. I've programmed some awkward synths, my Kawai K5000 and Yamaha FS1R but this little beauty is a doddle despite its power. It will make the perfect partner to a Machinedrum ! Thats why im so desperate to have my Machinedrum work properly.

Shaun.
Goomba
Re:Machinedrum repair frustration 16 Years ago
Hi Shawn
I recently purchased my Machinedrum UW and it had exactly the same problem as yours seems to. One output was significantly lower in output than the other and a bit crackly. I sent it back for repair/replacement.

Its just arrived back with me and it seems to be fine now!.. phew... After a few days though I thought i had another problem which was that one channel had slight crakle everytime a bass drum hit...or some other low frequency...yeek!!

I spent a day or so trying every combination of leads etc. and still the same problem. I then noticed that I couldnt hear the problem thru my monitor speakers but only headphones!!... so I took my headphones apart and found a small piece of grit which was rattling around when the lo frequencies hit... DOH!....

Hope yours gets sorted finally!
Goomba
Actually this is great timing.

Daniel and Thomas at Elektron have been sorting my Machinedrum out and its ready as of today. The problem was finally found, of all things it was the volume pot. Nothing wrong with the PCB board which they replaced the second time (probably not cheap for them ? ).

The volume pot was faulty and when replaced all was fine. Its been shipped today and i should receive it tomorrow.

So all is forgiven. I'd just like to say thanks to Daniel for taking my Machinedrum repair on personally and finally getting it sorted in good time. Hopefully now it will work without fault and i can get my head down and make some beautifully twisted music.
Goomba
I guess that may have been the problem with mine too. I did notice on its return that when I turned the volume knob it seemed a lot more difficult to turn than the other knobs...so maybe it had been replaced with a more solid pot?
Goomba
Yep... confirmed by Jon at Elektron... faulty volume pot! Guess they had a bad batch or something... anyway we good to go now
Go to top Post Reply