As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Wavetables on the MD! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Wavetables on the MD!
Admin
Re:Wavetables on the MD! 16 Years ago
By the way, this thread is way more "Elektron Gear" than "Sandbox", imo.

it can appear as if it's a blurry line when a proper Sandbox thread spawns discussion but i see this as a good thing. most of the discussion here is still on topic of Wavetables in the MD. it has drifted a bit from talked specifically from Nils' Sandbox to further discussion.

the intent of the Sandbox is to be a knowledge/file exchange for how people are using their Elektron equipment. so like if i wanted to share a Monomachine kit showing of various pads i've made, and how they were made. also under the Sandbox umbrella would be tips & tricks.

Nils started off sharing cool tip w/ an associated file. this is a great Sandbox entry! we've since gotten in deep on how the UW could be further used to get 'truer' wavetable implementation. i think it's inevitable that many of the tips, tricks, and files shared will spawn conversation. much of which may drift off a bit. i'm don't think this is a bad thing, but it can blur things.

the Sandbox is still young and i see it in a 'beta' stage, as it is still being worked out. it may take some time but i believe it will get it's own voice.
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/03/24 02:08
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
A mighty YALP?
Admin
Tarekith wrote:
A mighty YALP?

what does this mean?
Hero of Winds
actuel wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
A mighty YALP?

what does this mean?

Yellow
Alpine
Locking
Pen

of course! it's obvious!
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Sorry, Dead Poets Society movie quote...
Nice thread. Interesting discussion.
Just recently got an UW MK2 after a year spent with the SPS1 MK1... .

MK1 / MK2 - whatever (ok, slimmer and 64step )

no sampling / User Wave - now THATS what I'm talking about.

You lucky bastids have been having some fun alright! ...
its great to hear this kind of talk about the possibilities of sampling. Must check the
whole single cycle samples thing.. only been having fun so far with actually having
any custom audio at all in the thing. The thoughts of coming at it from the serious
synth end of things are exciting to say the least.

Hope Elektron seriously considers the change suggested. Can't imagine it would be
too hard to implement. Maybe if enough people ask for it - is that the way it works?
I'll certainly do my bit with a personal email request.

Looking forward to seeing some of the talk in this Sandbox... will contribute myself
when I've got a bit more comfortable with the sampling.

Enough talk. Time for some music. See ye later.
Toni wrote:

http://www.galbanum.com/products/architecture-universal/

Holy Christmas Toni..

Thank you. just downloaded that demo and can already say
I will be buying a disk from those brilliant people.

Wow.
Goomba
actuel wrote:
me and anselmi had a pretty good discussion about this here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=26236&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=10

here's the request i sent to Elektron

So i've been really getting into the UW's ability to have looped playback. A user on the site and I started talking about waveforms/wavetables and we realized you can't do wavetables because of how the UW's start and end points work. Right now for continuous loop playback the end point has to remain set to 127. if it's 126, it just plays the waveform or sample as a single shot.

I'm proposing we just 'Hold' to determine the 'on/off' state of loop playback. essentially move the functionality of having the parameter of 127 to the Hold knob. Thus freeing the End knob of having to be in the 127 position for continuous loop playback. By allowing the start and end point to move freely within a loop, you can scan through waveform ala wavetables.

So in short, I'd like to see the loop on/off to Hold vs. End.

if you move the loop on/off to the hold knob, how you want to control the length of a sound, didn't get it
Toni wrote:
Now, if one could set start and end parameters to which ever and *then active the loop* with the hold setted to maximum 127, you could pitch up and down easily. With another set of start and end, you are changing the core cycle of the oscillator (little pulse here and saw there). Change the start and end to odd values and you will be scanning thru bunch of waves, which might sound similar to DigiPro at the MnM. You see the difference?

I just finally came to grips with this. Interesting idea.

Last Edit: 2008/03/24 09:51
Go to top Post Reply