As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Monomachine: Simulating uneven tempo (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monomachine: Simulating uneven tempo
Monomachine: Simulating uneven tempo 16 Years, 1 Month ago
I'm not going to get into a bunch of example and detail here, I'd just like to suggest a direction to experiment in. I've had some great results lately giving Monomachine patterns an off-beat feel by muting out notes in the arp, combined with an lfo on volume.

Give it a try!
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/03/21 05:48
Admin
Re:Monomachine: Simulating uneven tempo 16 Years ago
ah nice! this sounds like something fun and new to try tonight -- thanks for sharing your idea, Allerian.
If you really want to mess with the perception of timing, play with the swing pattern. Jack the swing up and put a swing trig on say, step 1, instead of 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. It seems as if the pattern is starting late.
Admin
these are functions i've not delved into too much. i know i know -- sacrilege. but i'm like JS -- I only dig into a feature usually when i want to try something new or find myself need it (says the girl who just started messing with the ctrl al machines!).

that's why i think i'm gonna dig the sandbox so much.

M
Go to top Post Reply