As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:Interest in OT science lab...? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Interest in OT science lab...?
jdn
King Koopa
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 12 Years, 11 Months ago

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback guys.

I had a feeling that resampling would be controversial, so to keep to the spirit of the science lab I had tested that I could do this resampling using only sequenced trigs on recorder slots.

Since that works, you can create an arranger "song" that pre-caches the various bits into slots, and then plays the main patterns.

I've uploaded my project here if you want to play around with it. Just play Arrangement 1 to get it all unfolded:
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=591&Itemid=30

Constraints definitely spawn creativity... thanks, Papertiger for originating a great lab!

Oh and Neil, your story is truly an inspiration to us all.

-j
  The topic has been locked.
Nice work JDN.

Like I said originally, my post was in no way a criticism of the track and the approach. If nothing else it actually just shows how fucking amazing the OT is - is there nothing it can't do?!
Game & Watch
neilbaldwin wrote:

lol.

You've come a long way baby.

@JDN:

Nice one, be worth a look that.
Hammer Bro
JDN - That project is a bit sick when loaded into 998B on my OT.

No arrangement is there at all.

Also it ain't sounding quite right on the patterns in bank B!
jdn
King Koopa
Bob, I'm not completely surprised. I did this on 0.995. When I upgrade, if I can figure out how to port this over I'll repost the project.

Basically all the arrange does is play pattern b01 for 8 bars (to record it cleanly with a loop), and then pattern b03 for 8 bars (ditto), and then goes through b4 5 and 6 to play the full track. Pattern b01 (in fact anything using part 1 in that project) had its scenes get "broken" at some point -- it thinks the scene a and b slots are assigned to scene 0 and 0, so anytime you try to do anything with the scenes (mute, unmute, assign), the ot freezes. Just a heads up. The full track (using part 2 IIRC) works fine with scenes.

That said, I would not be surprised if things don't sound right.

-j
jdn
King Koopa
For anyone interested in playing around with my d&b project, I updated to 0.998B and re-saved the project. Everything worked fine over here (except it lost the arranger data during the upgrade).

Cheers,
-jd
Goomba
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 12 Years, 9 Months ago
For more than 20 years, State Permits, Inc has been the leader in retail building permit processing and permit expediting. Obtaining building permits can be a costly and time consuming process. If handled incorrectly, expensive delays can directly impact your bottom line. State Permits has the experience and a long history of successful project completions to ensure confidence that permit needs will be handled correctly, with the attention to detail that helps you get jobs done efficiently. http://www.permit.com
Hammer Bro
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 12 Years, 9 Months ago
Wow I was just thinking about a retail building permit! What a stroke of luck that you posted this here and I would trust a company that spams, where is my cheque book?
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
Re:Interest in OT science lab...? 12 Years, 8 Months ago
Did this just die? I might be interested in trying this, what are the samples we can use?

Sorry I did not have the patience to search in the thread for the answer

EDIT: I found a link on the Files section, but it says the ZIPfile for the samples is offline
Why did you guys let this die? WhhyyyyyyY?
Go to top Post Reply