As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Re: user donations.... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: user donations....
Chain Chomp
user donations.... 18 Years, 7 Months ago
i think we should set up some way to donate money to the site via paypal. i think this money should be used for 2 things:

1 - bandwidth
2 - paying the people that make programs for the mschines for their time and effort.

and anything else anyone would like to add to that list??
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: user donations.... 18 Years, 7 Months ago
I like your idea, but at present there's no need to collect money. Mark at suso.org is a big EM fan, and is kindly offering us bandwith and disk space free of charge. If you need a hosting provider, check out Suso!
Boo

watson wrote:
i think we should set up some way to donate money to the site via paypal. i think this money should be used for 2 things:

1 - bandwidth
2 - paying the people that make programs for the mschines for their time and effort.

and anything else anyone would like to add to that list??

I could imagine donating some cash for bandwidth and webspace to be able (and keep being able) to post songs, kits and whatever else Elektron related).

I do however see no use donating money (paying as you call it) to people that make programs for the Elektron machines.

If people want money for what they created they will ask for it. If not i consider it freeware.

In my humble opinion it's up to people themselves to decide wether they want to receive money for their investment of time and effort.

My 2 cents
Chain Chomp
its more like a donation to them for their time, and also an incentive for people to write them and get them done and/or keep making them better. i dont know if it would actually be legal for them to write a program for elektron machines and flat out try to sell them, that cause some legal problems. but i completely agree with you, freeware is great, and it would stil be freeware because the people that choose not to donate would still be able to access it. pseudo-freeware?? hehehe
Hammer Bro
I think that's called "GuiltWare".
Go to top Post Reply