As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:camera , best way recoding live performance (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:camera , best way recoding live performance
Boo
camera , best way recoding live performance 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Interest in streaming some live sessions not sure what to get and would be great to capture the audio with the camera and have that sort of live boomy sound feel without it being total ear fail.

Any advice is much appreciated I have no idea where to start.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:camera , best way recoding live performance 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Not sure what gear you have but if you want cheap and easy I think the sound is probly the key. That is go direct to your mbox/interface and use your p.c webcam for video. Peeps will forgive bad video if the sound is good. Of course if you have the cash the sky is the limit.
King Koopa
mrsurga.tumblr.com
Try Ustream.tv for live video streaming.
Boo
redrum wrote:
Not sure what gear you have but if you want cheap and easy I think the sound is probly the key. That is go direct to your mbox/interface and use your p.c webcam for video. Peeps will forgive bad video if the sound is good. Of course if you have the cash the sky is the limit.

^^Will be trying that out soon.

I would also like to shoot outdoors, archive footage if you will : Was thinking about doing the usual scenes, mountaintops, forests , illegal parties , derelict buildings etc etc whatever scene suits the beat. So I definitely need a camera.

Paiheu wrote:
Try Ustream.tv for live video streaming.

Signed up
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I'd definitely recommend recording the audio and video seperately if you can, until you start getting into the more expensive video cameras, the audio recording on most is crap. Personally I use a Canon S100 for recording the video, and simultaneously capture the audio in Logic. Then I combine them in iMovie, which is fairly easy to do.
Boo
thanks for that turns out my dad is using a canon
Goomba
"you make beats!?" "no. i make music."
i'd just like to add with something that many DJ's do, and that is, when recording a set, have a direct recording from your software or booth output as well as a microphone recording the crowd/speakers/whatever, then on your master out mix the "dry" audio with the mic'd recording. i've heard some really great sounding live sets with this technique, most making it sound even more punchy. maybe it will work for you.
awperai wrote:
i'd just like to add with something that many DJ's do, and that is, when recording a set, have a direct recording from your software or booth output as well as a microphone recording the crowd/speakers/whatever, then on your master out mix the "dry" audio with the mic'd recording. i've heard some really great sounding live sets with this technique, most making it sound even more punchy. maybe it will work for you.

We've doen this for out norway tour lately, works like a charm! Nothing like capturing the cheers of the audience when you do the right thing at the right time Also it sounds more "Live", I am personally a little tired of hearing theese clinically clean sets, I like a little dirt so you get the feel out the loudness, the tension in the room. Zoom makes some budget cam/mic/line units that does all three: video, line capture and mic recording. the best part about that is that it is already in perfect sync, I use Movie maker (on PC) and HATE it because there is no way to tell if you've lined up the audio correctly until after 20 tries you might hit the right spot
Boo
Thanks guys, going to try that out.

I have gotten hold of a cannon 600d, with tripod. I am out of my depth. Going to read up tonight and see if I can record line signal and mic same time. May just record it to tape then feed it into ableton and sync with something. I don't know what that something is yet .......
Go to top Post Reply