As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Buy - Sell - Trade Re: Emu E4XT Ultra sampler (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: Emu E4XT Ultra sampler
Emu E4XT Ultra sampler 18 Years, 9 Months ago
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Emu E4XT Ultra sampler 18 Years, 9 Months ago
after using Kontakt, it's difficult to imagine going back to hardware. The interface alone makes the transition worth it, but you also get a ton of features and your entire PC's hardware to use for sampling.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Some people still like hardware for live work, though. And there is something about an instrument's workflow that creates idiosyncratic results.
yes to both...
i realize Kontakt is a great sampler (shhh, it's why i'm selling my Emu!!)

but yes, for hardcore hardware people, this sampler is a great one. long recognized in the drum and bass community for a great "bass machine" and great filters.

the ONLY thing i'm sketched on with Kontakt is playing it live. with my Emu, it was no worries. i guess there are plenty of people using laptops running Windows/Mac live, but i have seen a few occasions of some true embarrasment when the computer crashes mid-set!!

(one was really funny, this cheesy duo of guys, one was singing...hah, we thought he was till the computer died and you could see he was really lip syncing!)
Hammer Bro
good point on the live thing...in my experience, Kontakt has been pretty damn stable, but I guess if a different VST had problems (fairly common) and your whole computer rig got messed up, then kontakt would go down with it.
Go to top Post Reply