As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:synths with instant program change? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:synths with instant program change?
Chain Chomp
synths with instant program change? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Can anyone name any synths that have instant program change that are good for p/locking with Elektron sequencers?

The Blofeld is very quick but not instant. I hear the Nord Leads are tight? How do Accsess and Waldorf fare with all the fx? Are there any others out there digital or analogue?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:synths with instant program change? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
I don't know if the program change is instant but the Korg Kronos has Smooth Sound Transition, so held or sustained notes keep sounding when changing sounds or modes. This might compensate somewhat if the program change wasn't instant. Of course it really depends on what you're trying to achieve.
Game & Watch
Akai SG01v seems pretty fast, just tested it with my monomachine using random LFO to program change.
dunno about modern stuff, but all the old DX's I've had ( DX7-II / DX-21 / DX-27 / FB01 ) used to be instant. The Roland Alpha Junos were too.

Blimey - patch changes... I'd forgotten all about that. I don't even use storable patches these days...
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
DSI PEK is uber quick with program change p-locked from an Elektron box.
Cappy
interesting thread!

another one I remember which i often think about is my old DR-660 drum machine - when you changed the reverb to delay and vice-versa the reverb buffer got caught in the delay and you had a moment of reverberated tape delay sound -

so try doing the same with external fx units - ive been meaning to try this with my TC fireworx -

i'll have to give this a go
The moog little phatty handles program changes well. Since it is monophonic, sound artifacts depend on what type of sound you are changing from and to (release of the from and attack of the to).
Cappy
is that the general when it comes to mono (or most) instruments anway? made me interested when it comes to things like that.
Boo
juno 106

moog voyager

cool thread!

is mpc4000 multis instant? anyone?
Go to top Post Reply