As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:MFB Tanzbaer (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MFB Tanzbaer
Cappy
Re:MFB Tanzbaer 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Barfunkel wrote:
It's a problem because you can't remove just one instrument from the main mix, you always remove both. Like for example, if you wanted to add FX to just the cowbell, the clave would be removed from the main mix as well, requiring you to spend a mixer/soundcard channel if you wanted the clave to be audible.

It's not the worst thing in the world, and it won't stop me from buying one, but it is quite annoying.

anselmi was complaining about having to use a Y-cable for the main L/R.

I understand your point about needing two different mixer channels to isolate one instrument though.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:MFB Tanzbaer 10 Years, 7 Months ago
sdesign wrote:
Barfunkel wrote:
It's a problem because you can't remove just one instrument from the main mix, you always remove both. Like for example, if you wanted to add FX to just the cowbell, the clave would be removed from the main mix as well, requiring you to spend a mixer/soundcard channel if you wanted the clave to be audible.

It's not the worst thing in the world, and it won't stop me from buying one, but it is quite annoying.

anselmi was complaining about having to use a Y-cable for the main L/R.

I understand your point about needing two different mixer channels to isolate one instrument though.

Lack of routing flexibility aside, I'd just prefer to be able to use the cables I already have, rather than buy 1-7 new ones that will be of zero use with any of my other gear. At least if the main outs were on individual jacks I could start using it right away without any additional investment.

It's not a total deal-breaker -- I do really like the sound -- I just wish it had a more conventional output section.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply