As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Jomox 888 anybody? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Jomox 888 anybody?
Goomba
Re:Jomox 888 anybody? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Just got Tanzbar yesterday sounds good. Give me some time to program and record and ill post some more samples. I posted this on gear sluts thought it might be useful about the tanzbar.

Love the kicks, snare, claps. Didn't like the toms as much these are like 808 Tom, I just prefer the 909 type toms. The base from the kicks and low toms is great. it can go to infinite, though the controls are set up more for drums so you don't get the really long bases till turning the decay to about 80 - 100 %. That makes dialing in long basses a little tougher. The 523 sounds goods with the fx I tried.

One thing I noticed that i was not able to do with other drum machines is that the two kicks you can layer with no or little phase issues. So you can use the front of the first kick (503) and then layer the second kick with it and controll the bass for some cool combo kicks.

The pramater locks seem to work more like jomox 999/888 style than elektron . But I find it a bit easer than jomox .i have to use it more to get all the ins and outs of this .

One strange thing is the timing on the main stereo outs play before the individual out by1-2 ms. I am going into a fire face 800 and the tanzbar/523 is just receiving midi clock . Don't know if it's my unit or something wrong with set up but ill investigate further .

here is a quick demo of the combo kick i was talking about

https://soundcloud.com/kawa/tanzbar-combo-bdrum/s-ShPrq

nothing musical here just a MFB Tanzbar demo. this is a combo of Bdrum 1 and 2 on the 4s with high hat and one tom. I just go through settings like decay act. kick drum 2 has no attack, and i used kick drum 1 for the attack. no FX or eq use just normlized out of ableton recorded with rme fire face 800.

Planning on trying these four Tempest, Jomox mbase11, Analog4, and Tanzbar for a live set.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply