As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Novation K Station? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Novation K Station?
Cappy
Novation K Station? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Stumbled upon a steal of a deal on one of these in my local Craigslist.

Anyone have any experience with it that can give me an honest opinion about it?

yes, I probably have many synths that could crush it to bits, but I'm not biased to any synth really, especially when one is available locally for next to nothing!
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:Novation K Station? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
My wife has one still, it's ok. Pretty classic Nova sound, a couple effects and a lot of menu diving. If you need a clean sounding VA and can get it for less than $200, probably not a bad deal.
King Koopa
If it's costing next to nothing I can virtually guarantee that you won't regret it.
It is similar to the Nova sound, as Tarekith says, but a little softer with more fluidity in the filter department.
It doesn't have the extensive modulation capabilities of the Novas and the LFOs and envelopes are pretty much hard wired to their destinations but it still has more textural/tonal range than the Novas due to some hidden gems.

So, yeah, there's some menu diving but not a great deal of it and it's well worth it to get access to the FM and chorus, EQ and pan which each have their own LFOs which can be synchronized to tempo.

The filter is low pass only, switchable between 12 and 24 dB, but the EQ can do some interesting filter-esque stuff.

Lots of knobs, a few sliders, it's a very tactile experience, highly recommended.
Cappy
Thanks for the opinions guys. I nabbed it for $100
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
kingjdub1978 wrote:
Thanks for the opinions guys. I nabbed it for $100

Meanwhile I have a Nova in Mint Condition with rack ears and OS 4.1 for $350 to fellow forum members - 16 voices, 6 part multi, independent verb, delay, chorus, distortion, eq and a vocoder per part with 6 stereo outs + original box, manuals, etc.....
OS 4.1 pretty much makes it a 16 voice Supernova with 6 Multi -Parts.
Oh well.
Go to top Post Reply