As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Best hardware sequencer for a Fizmo. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Best hardware sequencer for a Fizmo.
Yoshi
Re:Best hardware sequencer for a Fizmo. 10 Years, 8 Months ago
MonoMachine

Seriously, a Yamaha RM1x could fit the bill quite nicely, and provide a lot of other value adds as well.
  The topic has been locked.
Ink
Goomba
if you go the RM1x route be sure to get the one with the latest OS eprom. Surprisingly uncommon on ebay... the very latest/last OS update fixed a showstopper (imo) bug. without the fix the RM1x sends program change messages everytime you change a pattern. Seems some folks use the RM1x purely for it's inbuilt sounds, not sequencing external gear ... so it never occurs to them that this is a major (imo) problem. another thing to watch out for is the fact yamaha USED TO refund the cost of the new chip when you sent them the old one, but when I contacted Yamaha about doing just that they said not anymore. Contact them directly yourself about it... but if someone tries to tell you the upgrade is free don't take their word for it.

the buttons can be really flakey as well. they dont click and send double even triple notes all the time, or alternatively require a mega push just to get one note to register. seems like a relatively common fault, there's upgrade kits to replace the buttons with proper keyswitches. haven't upgraded mine yet as I can workaround this foible by using a midi controller. it's on the todo list though.

woops.. that's a lot of rant considering i already know you bought the roland MV *embarrassed face*
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
RyanA4 wrote:
Well, I went with both Grid and Pad sequencing- and made my living space smaller. Found an MV-8800 on the cheap ($400). I really have no clue about this thing except that it's a totally absurd piece of gear

I got one.. even have that extra output card in it.. to make it worse,
i got a vs2400 to connect with it.. (now the shame-part.. their not in the same studio at the time.. and i am so eager to connect them together)

its a weird machine.. but i dig it allot.. so its well worthy of your time to learn how to use it.
u never need a daw to make your sample-chains.. u got the mv.

its a good thing i found renoise.. else i would miss my mv sooooo much..
Go to top Post Reply