As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Best iPad app for EDM? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Best iPad app for EDM?
King Koopa
Best iPad app for EDM? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hey all,

I've been traveling a lot lately, and really wish I had a good portable rig for jamming on the plane. I have a Nanokey2 and an iPad, and was curious what software other Elektron fans are using.

I've got Nanokey and iSequence and... I'm not in love with either. Maybe I just need to spend more time with them, but I've struggled with both. Nanokey isn't pattern-based - it feels more like a DAW - and doesn't have an arpeggiator which is a pretty big omission. iSequence seems promising but has its own quirks that I find confusing (maybe I just don't like step sequencers).

I've had the most fun with the Tenori app, but that seems limited and a bit opaque as well.

So - what else are you guys using and what do you recommend?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Cheers all
Tommy aka Technobadger

http://soundcloud.com/technobadgering
Re:Best iPad app for EDM? 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Allof the korg apps are good but pricey now.
Also the awesome Rebirth.
All the above run wist which allows you and mates with I pads to sync up, thi does work well and is wireless, the Ims-20 is also midi, with a camera connection kit.
They also upload straight to soundcloud.

Have fun.

Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Korg stuff is on sale right now actually.

I like the new Figure app a lot, especially for quickly getting ideas down. Shame you can't save multiple songs yet, but I hear it's coming.

Of all the synth apps, I like Animoog the best. Sounds great, and easy to program.

If you want a more DAW style app then it's a toss up between NanoStudio and Grageband for me these days. GB is easier to get basic ideas down, but as a result there's less flexibility when it comes to sound programming. But, you can always open it in Logic on the MAc and go from there too. NS is very configurable, but lately I feel that I spend too much time jump through screens trying to do sound design with it.
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
i like the tenori on, and the aurora studio, i have used that the most, its pretty good for sequencing,,,, electrobeats probably sounds the best the easiest,
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Grain Science
ThumbJam
Fairlight pro
Donut
Gliss
Curtis
Jasuto pro
Loopy HD
SampleWiz
Moog Filtratron
Beatmaker 2
Funkbox
iKaossilator

iMS20
Animoog

Lemur
Konkreete Performer
Kapture Pad
I made this with DM1 drum machine and garageband

http://soundcloud.com/pongfu/the-sky-is-open-for-business
Tarekith wrote:
Korg stuff is on sale right now actually.

Awesome... going to grab iMS20!
Sunvox is a lot of fun. It's a tracker system with a modular synth and is as deep as you want to make it. Garage band is al so good but if find the sounds are a little too nice.
King Koopa
mrsurga.tumblr.com
Hi,
Among all these Ipad synths, is there any multi-timbral one? like 4 or 5 MIDI-controlled synths in the same box, à la Monomachine/EMX/etc. ?
Game & Watch
Paiheu wrote:
Hi,
Among all these Ipad synths, is there any multi-timbral one? like 4 or 5 MIDI-controlled synths in the same box, à la Monomachine/EMX/etc. ?

Yes, I'd like to know too.
Go to top Post Reply