As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:Octatrack, OP-1, guitar - also video (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Octatrack, OP-1, guitar - also video
Goomba
Octatrack, OP-1, guitar - also video 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi!

I thought I'd share some of the most recent results of my messing about with the Octatrack.

First a pretty calm piece with some glitchy bits:

https://soundcloud.com/misnaps/free-dig

Then a demo video of sorts, some dub techno elements to a jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aaKrEmVO2E

I feel like I'm outgunned here, with such great stuff being posted! Really appreciate if you take the time to have a listen.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:Octatrack, OP-1, guitar - also video 10 Years, 8 Months ago
really enjoyed the first one. nice and mellow. warm.
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Agreed – really nice. Personally, I think it might be even better without all the stuttery drums – I think they kind of distract from all the layers of stuff going on underneath.

But anyway . . . nice one!
Goomba
duplex wrote:
Agreed – really nice. Personally, I think it might be even better without all the stuttery drums – I think they kind of distract from all the layers of stuff going on underneath.

But anyway . . . nice one!

Thank you Kirlian and Duplex! So glad to hear.

And i hear you about the drums, maybe they are a bit busy i'm just so that there's finally an easy way to get variation into drum and other parts that I tend to get a bit carried away - it was pretty much a live recording, utilizing the fader, one shot trigs and the delay trig mode. I've always disliked meticulous editing of single steps to get any human feeling or variation to sequenced patterns, so the amount of hands-on control the OT allows me is pretty amazing, really.
Go to top Post Reply