As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:A4: tabula rasa (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:A4: tabula rasa
Chain Chomp
A4: tabula rasa 11 Years ago
I've scripted a pattern & kit layout template for the Analog Four.

It establishes a one-to-one relationship between patterns and kits, i.e. pattern A01 is pre-linked to kit 001, A02 is linked to 002 etc.

This will save you some work if you want to start from scratch and maintain a strict linkage between patterns and kits. One pattern - one kit.

The sysex file contains 128 empty patterns and 128 empty kits.

The kits are just the default initialized kits as they are on OS 1.05 and named as the pattern they are linked against.

The patterns have a single trigless lock on the first step in the first synth track - this is necessary to maintain the link to the kit; the pattern just cannot be completely empty, else the A4 will unlink the kit.

If you send this sysex file to your A4, it will replace all patterns and kits:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50830178/tabula_rasa.syx
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:A4: tabula rasa 11 Years ago
Thx for the effort.
Game & Watch
this is a great starting point! thanks!
Chain Chomp
That's great thank you very much! Must have been tedious work...
Chain Chomp
nah it's actually quite fun and rewarding, and a lot less tedious than doing this by hand :]

i've updated the template so the patterns use a trigless lock instead of a trig at step 1, that way you won't hear the default sound go BEEP if you switch to an empty pattern/kit combo while the sequencer is running:

Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Awesome! Dl'ed it for when I get an A4. Thanks for putting it together, Void.
Chain Chomp
void wrote:
nah it's actually quite fun and rewarding, and a lot less tedious than doing this by hand :]

i've updated the template so the patterns use a trigless lock instead of a trig at step 1, that way you won't hear the default sound go BEEP if you switch to an empty pattern/kit combo while the sequencer is running:

Ah now I see, you generated the sysx with a script, smart!
Cappy
Very useful, thanks for sharing!
Chain Chomp
OK guys, for those of you with a Mac, I present to you

*** THE AMAZING A4 KIT SORTING MACHINE ***

it's a little app which can apply that one-to-one pattern-kit relationship to an existing A4 backup.
Just feed it a FULL BACKUP file and hit the sort button. It will create a modified backup file with the following tweaks:

Say, pattern A1 and A2 are both linked against kit 3, so it will make duplicates of that kit in slot 1 and 2 and link both patterns to their own kit. Optionally, it will also add the pattern name to the kit name. So a kit named "SUPERSMURFS" linked to pattern A01 becomes "A01 SUPERSMURFS".

It will do this with all kits, so every pattern gets its own kit, while your pattern/kit combinations are being preserved.

This should work on any Mac with OSX 10.7 +.

DOWNLOAD: http://cl.ly/350y2A1c0N2n

So this is a first test, I've just finished writing it, and actually typing these lines I now realise that there is a BIG FLAW:

The current version will blatantly overwrite any kits which are not linked by a pattern.

So yeah.. while the app is far from perfect, if you find the time to play around with it, I'd be happy to hear how it works out for you.. or if opens at all on your computer, crashes etc...
vst
Cappy
Took a while to load but I think I'm gonna like the workflow.

Thanks VOID!
Go to top Post Reply